Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Grandpa Maxwell.....

Just got the news yesterday that my Grandpa isn't going to make it through this time.  He has had a stroke, there is blood in his bladder and there is fluid in the heart and lungs.  Mom and Dad brought him home to try to make him comfortable in his last days, but today his breathing has gotten really shallow.  We don't expect him to last much longer.  In a way this is a blessing for him.  Right now he is suffering in horrible pain and passing would take that away for him.  I will be very sad to lose such a sweet man from my life, but in his best interests the sooner the better.  He is my step-Grandpa but I have always considered him my Grandpa just the same.  He is a sweet, funny man and I will always treasure the time I had with him.  Bless this sweet man for the loving way he lived his life and his sweet demeanor to everyone around him.