Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First day of school.......

What a bittersweet day. I love that I will be getting more mommy time to myself, but on the other hand I will desperately miss my boys. I have actually enjoyed having them home all summer long. I miss it already. The house seems so big and empty with them gone all day. Granted my youngest is still here, but it's just not the same. There isn't the same laughing and playing going on now that there has been all summer. One upside is that I'm not being asked for something to eat every ten minutes all day long. My boys are like ravenous carnivores and can never get enough. I truly understand the sayings about growing boys now! Ugh....they never stop eating! LOL

Otherwise things are going pretty good. I had my counselling appointment today and did more paperwork. We also talked about the problems I am facing with Billy and getting him tested for special ed. Today has just been crazy busy. I took Billy to school at 8:00 a.m. and got home about 9a.m. Then at 10:15 I had to have Brett at the dentist and that lasted until 11 a.m. Then at 11:30 I had to be at my counselling appointment. In the hour I was home I made several phone calls and dealt with several different things. So far today this is the first time I have sat down and just relaxed and that is only going to last for a 1/2 hour. Then I have to get ready to get Billy off the bus from school. What a day! Tomorrow I have to take Brett to school and stay with him for the day and then he will officially start school next Monday without mom there for the day. Then I will have parent meetings at all three schools, Booster Club meetings and volunteering for all three schools. It is going to be pure chaos for me this school year. But it's all for my boys so it's worth every minute of it. It's just a crazy life I live. At least my boys are all happy and healthy. That's what counts most.

So for today.....peace out!

No comments: