Sunday, November 22, 2009

The closer we get....

Well it's almost Thanksgiving and everything has gone wrong.  First we discovered lice last Wednesday.  Naturally we treated it that day.  Come Saturday we discover that there are still lice in the kids and I.  So we go through the whole mess again.  So now I have done over 30 loads of laundry since Wednesday, I have de-loused twice and I am cleaning for Thanksgiving Day.  This is driving me nuts.  We actually went to the point of cutting EVERYONE'S hair.  I actually have short hair now.  That just pisses me off, but it had to be done.  At least Bill cut it decent and I can curl it and make it look cute.  The back is a little too short for me and a little choppy, but overall it looks good. 

Now I have to finish the laundry and keep cleaning for Thanksgiving.  My dining room is currently trashed and I am looking forward to having it clean for Thanksgiving Day.  It's going to take a lot of work to get that room in shape now since everything got put in there during the de-lousing.  I also have all the boxes in there from my computer so those have to find a new home.  I'm keeping the computer box just in case I need it for anything.  The printer box and the other boxes can go to the garbage for recycling next week.  Otherwise I might just gather up all the recycling and take it to Billy's school to be recycled.  Either way it's going in the recycling bin.  The cleaning and fixing the brakes on the van have to be done tomorrow.  I'm loving that.  I will finally have decent brakes again!  Right now the brakes are rubbing steel on steel.  I'm actually afraid of driving it right now. 

I may just keep the kids home for the 2 days they would have gone to school this week due to the lice.  That would mean my cleaning gets done on Tuesday and my running gets done on Monday.  That would actually be a little easier on me for this week.  I just hope we don't end up with any more appointments this week.  I don't think I have time for anymore this week.  I already have appointments on Monday and Tuesday.  That's going to mean my cleaning gets pushed to the late afternoon.  Oh well that is par for the course for me on a holiday week.  I just know that Thanksgiving will go great anyway.

No comments: