Thursday, November 12, 2009

Homework, homework and more homework.......

So far I have spent 2 hours working on homework with my 1st grader tonight.  I think this is ridiculous.  There is no reason for a 6 year old to have 2 hours worth of homework and still be working on it.  Granted the last of the homework is just coloring, but still that's a long time.  I really feel sorry for him because he struggles so much in school.  But finally on Monday he will start some special education classes so that may help him to get through it better. 

In other fronts I have done a ton of Christmas shopping so far and I'm still not done.  I have to finish getting bikes for the boys and pick up bedding sets to go with the 2 little ones now sharing a room.  I am loving it.  I just hope that Brett does ok on his first night in his new bed.  I am truly tired of sleeping with him at this point.  There is no reason that he can't be in his own bed except for daddy.  Daddy has kept him with me for the last year.  It is driving me nuts.  He tosses and turns soooo much at night that he really keeps me awake. 

I also need to get back to writing.  The whole idea of the laptop was so that I could write more and now I have virtually NO time to write.  I need to come up with some good ideas and go with it.  I'm sure that once things calm down a little bit I will get back to writing.  I always have trouble  writing around holiday time because I just get sooo busy with school and everything else. 

No comments: